Wednesday, December 04, 2002

I received the following from a visitor today, together with a large attachment. Unfortunately my email account couldn't handle the size, and seized up until I deleted the attachment. I have asked for it to be posted on The Forum instead. So keep a look out.

In the meantime, I would be interested to know if anyone else has lost money in similar circumstances?

Extract "...Hi Ken

I'm another victim of mis-selling. However, I have a novel twist because I seem to have been sold a pup twice. Two years ago while pondering which way to go with a claim about an endowment sold to me in 1990, I saw an article in The Times (copy attached) entitled "Lawyer helps endowment victims to sue". The legal firm, (edited out), appealed for mortgage holders to take a group action against insurers and advisers. I took the bait and paid a fee of £375. After prevaricating for two years they now say they are not going to proceed and have advised me and I presume the other 250-odd in the group that: you have the option to 'make a complaint yourself'' !!! I would be interested to know if there are others in the group visiting your site. I will now make a claim direct if I haven't missed the boat.

Your site is an excellent idea.

Good luck..."

No comments:

Post a Comment