Thursday, March 11, 2004

I received an email today; not untypical of the many I have received over the past 18 months, since I started writing "The Endowment Diary".

It seems that the firms that sold and provided these endowment policies wish to wash their hands of the whole affair. This despite the fact that these policies have been proven to be not "fit for purpose" in paying off the mortgage debt they were allegedly designed to cover.

Here is an edited extract of the note I received, and my reply:

"...Hi , just reading your diary. I am in the same position as you, but my shortfall is £23600 ish it was sold by an ifa to me.

The ifa no longer exists, **** tell me it's not their problem I have to take legal action against the ifa.

The fsa won't look at anything sold before August 1988. Like the nursery rhyme " round and round in circles ".

I am continuing my fight for compensation....."


My reply:

"...Sorry to hear of your shortfall, but there are a lot of us about in a similar position!

Seems that despite the Treasury Select Committee et al, the firms that sold us these products will not admit to their "sharp practice".

Please feel free to revisit the site to see how I am getting along; by all means pass on the details to your friends and colleagues...."

No comments:

Post a Comment