Monday, February 07, 2005

The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman

The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) wrote to me today, about my request for their assistance in extracting details from my life assurance provider of commission payments made on my two endowment policies.

The FOS say that they cannot help as my life assurance company, under the terms of the commission disclosure rules, is not obliged to provide me with that information.

This is very odd; it is my policy and my money, yet I am not allowed to know what they do with it!

Given the response of the FOS, I am more than a little surprised that they made me fill in a form with precisely the same details as those contained in my original request to them; when they could have told me that they couldn't help me at the outset.

No comments:

Post a Comment